Shared bikes and scooters become popular.
Here’s the crypt: tombs of the eminent personalities interred who shaped France’s national identity.
Amongst them, there are:
Voltaire (Writer, philosopher 1694 – 1778)
Rousseau (Writer, philosopher 1712 – 1778)
Victor Hugo (Poet, novelist, dramatist 1802 – 1885)
Alexandre Dumas père (Novelist, dramatist 1802 – 1870)
Emile Zola (Novelist, journalist 1840 – 1902)
Marie Curie (Chemist 1867 – 1934)
Simone Veil (Politician, lawyer 1927 – 2017)
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Writer, poet, journalist, aviator 1900 – 1944)
Alexandre Dumas père, Victor Hugo and Emile Zola were rested in the same room.
Simone Veil pushed forward two notable laws. The first, passed on 4 December 1974, facilitated access to contraception, the second, passed on 17 January 1975, legalized abortion in France.
As Antoine de Saint Exupery dramatically vanished without a trace in a fly mission, he was not interred, but has a plaque in the principal level of Pantheon. We all know his “Le Petit Prince”.
The aviator and writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry was honored December 13, 2016, at the Pantheon, where a commemorative plaque is dedicated to the author who disappeared in the crash of his plane in the Mediterranean Sea, July 31, 1944. In the presence Ministers of Defense and Culture, it was also an opportunity to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the French edition of the “Little Prince”, the most widely read and translated French literary work in the world after the Bible.
The Panthéon is a building in the Latin Quarter in Paris. It was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve and to house the reliquary châsse containing her relics but, after many changes, now functions as a secular mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens.
Here’s the principal level, decorated with paintings on canvas marouflé illustrating the life of Saint Geneviève and the epic story of the beginnings of both Christianity and the monarchy in France.
The Foucault’s pendulum first installed inside Panthéon in 1851 and removed then reinstalled in 1995, this device demonstrated the Earth’s rotation.